Grace Church takes its mission responsibility very seriously, and the missions supported by Grace Church are numerous. In addition to our international missions, we also believe in providing support to the local community. We provide monetary support to Jericho Road Homeless Mission in Brooksville; Habitat for Humanity in Brooksville; the Dade City Farmworkers mission for migrant workers in Dade City; The Dawn Center for abused women, and The Duval Home, group homes for developmentally disabled adults in Orlando and Daytona. These group homes take individuals from all over the state of Florida, and have strong ties to the Presbyterian Church. In addition to these we also contribute to the Grace Food Pantry and the Grace Bicycle Ministry. This ministry is run by a few men of the church who accept donations of new and used bicycles, which they refurbish and donate to needy individuals who have no transportation. Grace Church is proud to be able to share the blessings we have received from God with as many people in the world as possible
Alberto & Minerva-Nicaragua Dear Brothers and Sisters: We thank YFC- Roxboro, Trinity Evangelical Covenant Church-Greensboro, Grace Presbyterian Church Springhill-Fl., Baptist Church-Canada through Don and Sharon Rendle for your financial support everymonth. Thanks to Becky Pope for the children material. Thanks to Chicago and Tim Bowes and Grace Presbyterian Church for the schoolarships you provide to some of our volunteers. This is really meaningful for their lives and education. Thanks for your love and prayers. Alberto….
Paul & Diane Ohlin-Central Africa and Senegal
UPDATE: Paul and Diane Ohlin work in Senegal West Africa. They coordinate the Professionals for Senegal initiative. PFS mobilizes North American’s with professional competencies, integrating them into the task of reaching the nations. It creates exchanges between North American professionals, teachers, volunteers and interns and their Senegalese colleagues, or with Senegalese students for the benefit of all parties. The PFS web site www.professionalsforsenegal.or
Drs. Leslie and Cynthia Morgan-BangladeshAbout Les and Cindy Morgan’s ministry
Since 1989 Les and Cindy Morgan have been serving as PC(USA) missionaries in Bangladesh, home to the fourth largest Muslim population in the world. In 1992 they helped the PC(USA) establish a formal partnership with the Church of Bangladesh (CoB), a denomination of over 19,000 members in 94 congregations, and since then have nurtured and helped carry out that church’s health ministries. Christians make up less than one half of 1 percent of the population of Bangladesh.
Gordon and Dorothy Gartrell-BrazilGordon and Dorothy are helping the United Presbyterian Church of Brazil expand its witness. They aid church growth efforts, help develop plans for church planting, and train people for ministries in evangelism and church growth. Much of their training content is focused on outreach efforts in rural areas and with youth.
The Duvall Home exists for the benefit of individuals with developmental disabilities, some both physically and mentally, who require extensive services and care by provideing quality residential care and day training programs for adults with developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome, Autism and Cerebral Palsy, in addition to their residential care program, The Home provides 24-hour around-the-clock nursing oversight, as well as daily transportation to the Adult Day Training Center and a wide variety of community outings. Grace sends a yearly donation to The Duvall Home.
Dawn Center: The primary focus of the agency is to be the provision of quality services
- women and their children who are victims of domestic violence, and to
- of rape or sexual assault and their families or partner as reflected
- our mission statement: ‘The mission of this organization is to assist
- who are faced with the dilemma of domestic violence and sexual
- It is our goal to assist these individuals with safety planning, crisisintervention, a place of shelter, assess the needs
- and status of each family,
- provide and/or coordinate the necessary support systems in regard to: education, referrals to other social service agencies, housing, employment
- as well as ongoing support through advocacy. In addition,
- organization creates community awareness and education of domestic
- and sexual assault, develop alliances and provide legislative support’.
The Farmworkers Self-Help, Inc. in Dade City, FL
Farmworkers Self-Help Inc. was incorporated as a 501(c) 3 in 1982. Led by Margarita Romo, FSH focus is on helping the immigrant Mexican farmworkers, Mexican-American farmworkers, and former farmworkers to formulate solutions to the problems encountered by this population. Grace Church’s Shoe Box Ministry at Christmas provides Christmas presents for migrant children. We also support this mission through our PW and provide rice and beans when needed.
- for Humanity of Hernando County is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated
- Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and
- Habitat for Humanity of Hernando County is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally
- worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes: by advocating for fair and just
- policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter
- Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should
- a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities
- be a matter of conscience and action for all.
As a rescue mission, Jericho Road Ministries will provide up to 3 nights monthly of emergency shelter to the homeless men and women in our area. We also offer a 36-week Rehabilitation Program that is designed to assist men and women in the recovery and healing of their lives, spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically. We believe that a relationship, as defined by the Word of God, with Jesus Christ is the central focus to their recovery. We provide not only shelter, but a structured program for men and women who are in need of getting their life back on the right track. Through spiritual mentorship, life classes and accountability, the men and women submit themselves to a 9-11 month program, in order to regain what they have lost through drug and alcohol abuse and poor choices. Grace has supported Jericho Road Ministeries financially for a number of years.