HEAR US ROAR
The Women of Grace Presbyterian Church Welcome You!
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN’S PURPOSE
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves: to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study. To support the mission of the church worldwide, to work for justice and peace, and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s Kingdom.
Membership in P.W. is open to all women. P.W. members are those women who choose to participate in or be supportive of P.W. in any way. P.W. intentionally seeks the membership of women from all racial ethnic groups so that it may reflect a vision of the whole church as a “community” of mutual interdependence in which diversity contributes to wholeness. The membership shall be divided into circles to form small groups that gather regularly to provide an inclusive, caring community of women. To give an opportunity to every woman at Grace Presbyterian Church to participate in P.W. we plan:
1. To establish new circles as the need arises.
2. To deepen Biblical knowledge through our study in the circles.
3. To promote awareness of our Mission Projects through study and program.
4. To promote fellowship through programmed Gatherings.
5. To encourage a Celebration of Giving by our members as an expression of our commitment to Christian Service on both the local level and the scope world wide.
6. To keep the women active.
The P.W. Women meet five times a year, October through May, for great Fellowship and to get to know all of the members of Grace Church. Most meetings start at 1:00 P.M.except when we have a covered dish or an evening meeting. The time and month of meetings will be announced in the Church bulletin.
- Moderator Bonnie Kauffman (352) 232-5793
- Secretary Alice Custer
- Treasurer Barbara Kingen
- Search Committee Helen Dakers
- Missions Barbara Kingen
- Membership Cheryl Kopia
- Ways & Means Sue Lightbody
- Publicity Alice Custer
- Moderator Elect
- ABIGAIL: 2nd Wednesday at 6:30pm in the Library/Fellowship Hall.
- DORCAS: 3rd Tuesday at 1 pm in the Library/Fellowship Hall.
- SARAH/MARY MARTHA: 2nd Wednesday at 1 pm in the Library/Fellowship Hall.
- NAOMI: 2nd Thursday at 9:30AM in Library/Fellowship Hall
For more information, contact the church office at 352-683-2082